What is the best dog food for a dog with cancer?

My dog was recently diagnosed with cancer, had his toe amputated and the vet says he sees no signs at this time, of it spreading to the other organs.I forgot to ask him about a special diet and was wondering if anyone could suggest a good dog food that…

My dog was recently diagnosed with cancer, had his toe amputated and the vet says he sees no signs at this time, of it spreading to the other organs.I forgot to ask him about a special diet and was wondering if anyone could suggest a good dog food that…...
    General Dog Discussions : What is the best dog food for a dog with cancer?...

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• What is the best dog food for a dog with cancer?

What is the best dog food for a dog with cancer? General Dog Discussions
      My dog was recently diagnosed with cancer, had his toe amputated and the vet says he sees no signs at this time, of it spreading to the other organs.I forgot to ask him about a special diet and was wondering if anyone could suggest a good dog food that would be beneficial for him.I heard that Hill Science Diet is not good.Thank you! :)

What is the best dog food for a dog with cancer? General Dog Discussions
    • There are some great kibble foods like Orijen or EVO but the best dog food is the food you make for him. It is important to be on a food that is grain free because grains are very high in carbohydrates and those turn to sugar when digested which fuels cancer cells. I use Petmix to cook for my dog. It is completely grain free and has all the nutrients my dog needs. It is a dehydrated mix that you add water and fresh meat to make fresh meals. It was formulated by Birkdale for dogs with cancer so I know it is great for my dog. http://www.k9criticalcare.com/pages/PetMix-Homemade-Dog-Food-recipe.html