What are some signs that your dog is preganant?

My sister's dog was in heat a weak ago and the dog got out of the house for almost an entire day. I was wondering if the dog is going to have puppies. Thanks for the help!

My sister's dog was in heat a weak ago and the dog got out of the house for almost an entire day. I was wondering if the dog is going to have puppies. Thanks for the help!...
    General Dog Discussions : What are some signs that your dog is preganant?...

• What are some signs that your dog is preganant?

What are some signs that your dog is preganant? General Dog Discussions
      My sister's dog was in heat a weak ago and the dog got out of the house for almost an entire day. I was wondering if the dog is going to have puppies. Thanks for the help!

What are some signs that your dog is preganant? General Dog Discussions
    • If your sister's dog is not spayed, is in heat and was out galavanting around, yes, she could be pregnant.Dog pregnancies last about 65-68 days, and the dog will start "showing" her pregnancy around the 40th day; her belly will start to swell; her nipples will get longer and may "pink up"; she may be off her food as the growing pups start pushing against her stomach; and she may have to urinate more often as the pups push on her bladder. some dogs also vomit spontaneously - the doggie version of morning sickness.If your sister's dog starts to "show", take the dog to the vet. the dog can get a sonagram or an xray which will tell you for sure if the dog is pregnant and how many pups she may have.