How long after first heat can a dog be spayed?

I adopted a dog who had her first heat cycle. I want to spay her, and my question is this: between her first and second heat, when is the best and safest time to spay her, or does it make no difference? Someone told me that it needs to be at least 3…

I adopted a dog who had her first heat cycle. I want to spay her, and my question is this: between her first and second heat, when is the best and safest time to spay her, or does it make no difference? Someone told me that it needs to be at least 3…...
    General Dog Discussions : How long after first heat can a dog be spayed?...

• How long after first heat can a dog be spayed?

How long after first heat can a dog be spayed? General Dog Discussions
      I adopted a dog who had her first heat cycle. I want to spay her, and my question is this: between her first and second heat, when is the best and safest time to spay her, or does it make no difference? Someone told me that it needs to be at least 3 months prior to her second season, but my vet says it makes no difference.

How long after first heat can a dog be spayed? General Dog Discussions
    • female dogs can be spayed during the estrus cycle. it makes no difference as long as she is old enough to spay. if she is in heat it may cost a little more for the surgery. the sooner the better for the spay. hope this helps

• If she has has come in a true heat once, then any time . Usually around 6 months old. Soon after though, don't want the poor bitch to suffer to much. Your vet knows Michelle. I can not believe they edited the word bit.ch in the proper sense it is to be used.