How much does it cost to get your dog spayed?

i have a 4yr old yellow lab. that need to be spayed..and i am wondering where to get it done.and how much will it cost..i live in Mississauga..near meadowvale ..thanx

i have a 4yr old yellow lab. that need to be spayed..and i am wondering where to get it done.and how much will it cost..i live in Mississauga..near meadowvale ..thanx...
    General Dog Discussions : How much does it cost to get your dog spayed?...

• How much does it cost to get your dog spayed?

How much does it cost to get your dog spayed? General Dog Discussions
      i have a 4yr old yellow lab. that need to be spayed..and i am wondering where to get it done.and how much will it cost..i live in Mississauga..near meadowvale ..thanx

How much does it cost to get your dog spayed? General Dog Discussions
    • It usually depends on the size of the dog and the vet that does the procedure. My 18lb. dog cost me $80 about 5 years ago to get fixed. I'm getting our husky puppy spayed in a couple of weeks. She's about 30lbs. and it's going to cost around $170. There are some places that have humane societies that offer different discounts for getting a dog fixed. I would just call your vet and ask.

• Call your local humaine society and ask them where the cheapest would be. Thats what we did and we got it for an amazing price. We had to drive 45 minutes but the price was better then the ones we called around to.

• would prefer my private vet do a spaying. Mostly because I'm more confident that the vet will be around if there is a complication, that the vet will take more care in the surgery, and the vet will know the dog. I've seen spayings cost anywhere from $25 up to $1000, depending on where you live, your type of dog (some breeds require special anesthesia, some require more, some require special monitoring, etc), her age, potential & actual complications, etc. If you awnt to know what's average in your area, pull out the phone book and start calling around.Good Luck!www.carewhiz.com