How expensive is it to treat a dog that is heartworm positive?

There are a few dogs that i am interested in adopting but the ones I have seen are heartworm postive. Is that extremely expensive?

There are a few dogs that i am interested in adopting but the ones I have seen are heartworm postive. Is that extremely expensive?...
    General Dog Discussions : How expensive is it to treat a dog that is heartworm positive?...

• How expensive is it to treat a dog that is heartworm positive?

How expensive is it to treat a dog that is heartworm positive? General Dog Discussions
      There are a few dogs that i am interested in adopting but the ones I have seen are heartworm postive. Is that extremely expensive?

How expensive is it to treat a dog that is heartworm positive? General Dog Discussions
    • It depends on several things:+ The infestation itself. If it's low grade,the treatment is less expensive...+ The area in which you live.+ Individual vets... some are more expensive and some are less... Talk to your vet and ask. This is a very treatable disease and you shouldn't skip the dogs that are sick. Those dogs could all make great pets and do deserve a chance.