6 month old pup keeps chewing one of her nails?

I had a look and felt, theres nothing stuck in there or wrong with it. Its a little bit split at the top from her chewing. Is this a normal thing for pups? this is my first pup and teething has just kicked in.

I had a look and felt, theres nothing stuck in there or wrong with it. Its a little bit split at the top from her chewing. Is this a normal thing for pups? this is my first pup and teething has just kicked in....
    General Dog Discussions : 6 month old pup keeps chewing one of her nails?...

• 6 month old pup keeps chewing one of her nails?

6 month old pup keeps chewing one of her nails? General Dog Discussions
      I had a look and felt, theres nothing stuck in there or wrong with it. Its a little bit split at the top from her chewing. Is this a normal thing for pups? this is my first pup and teething has just kicked in.

6 month old pup keeps chewing one of her nails? General Dog Discussions
    • If it is one nail specifically and has been going on for a while, I might be tempted to have her seen, even though this seems trivial. There are some nail bed infections that are very difficult to deal with if they've been allowed to proliferate... they can sometimes move into the bone in the toe, and that is even harder to deal with. It probably is not any big thing, but I don't screw around with possible nail infections.

• Dogs only do this when they are trying to fix a hurt, or remove a burr.If you checked all around the nail and pad and found nothing, you can use some "treatments" that won't harm and maybe will help. 1- soak the paw in epsom salt water for as long as you can... at least 1-3 minutes2- pour some hydrogen peroxide on it while holding the paw over a towel that will absorb the runoff3- dry it off and treat around the nail with some iodine.Then do a petting session to give the dog some positive time with you where you can prevent it from starting on the nail again for a while. If this doesn't help, you can take her to the vet. -!-