Worried about my dogs infection?

My dog has been scratching at his neck and it's become swollen and it's bleeding all the time. We took him to the vet and she said it was just a skin infection as he is a bichon friese and this is common in these dogs. She shaved the area, gave him…

My dog has been scratching at his neck and it's become swollen and it's bleeding all the time. We took him to the vet and she said it was just a skin infection as he is a bichon friese and this is common in these dogs. She shaved the area, gave him…...
    General Dog Discussions : Worried about my dogs infection?...

• Worried about my dogs infection?

Worried about my dogs infection? General Dog Discussions
      My dog has been scratching at his neck and it's become swollen and it's bleeding all the time. We took him to the vet and she said it was just a skin infection as he is a bichon friese and this is common in these dogs. She shaved the area, gave him steroid injections and antibiotics which helped for a while. She also said to keep the cone off as this could irritate the infection more. 2 weeks on and the infection still looks bad. Its still swollen and red. He has also been scratching it in the middle of the night which could be making it worse. I'm really worried, what can I do?

Worried about my dogs infection? General Dog Discussions
    • I would tell your vet again. Maybe request some cream. Maybe spray some anti-chew spray on the area so the dog won't touch it anymore. BTW anti-chew spray is a spray that you spray on objects that you don't want your dog to chew on.

• Theres a product called Soft Paws For Dogs, which are soft nail covers. Get these (Amazon sell them) and put them on your dogs claws. The other trick is to put socks on them and tape them on with Micropore or bandaids, but I doubt your dog would keep them on at night.

• Just take him to the vet again and tell them to really make sure that there is nothing wrong. You could also just take him to another vet. I hope your dog feels better:)