is it ok 2 feed our cat tuna fish every day?

not had cat very long (he's approx. 6 yrs old) just seems 2 have gone right off his food lately apart from his biscuit treats. my wife gave him a tin of tuna this morning and he could'nt get enough of it

is it ok 2 feed our cat tuna fish every day?

not had cat very long (he's approx. 6 yrs old) just seems 2 have gone right off his food lately apart from his biscuit treats. my wife gave him a tin of tuna this morning and he could'nt get enough of it...
    General Dog Discussions : is it ok 2 feed our cat tuna fish every day?...

• Tuna (in spring water only, not in brine or oil) should be a treat food, not a daily food -- it is not good for the cat. He can survive fine on dry cat food, but try him on other cat food as well. My three have stages where they go off a food, but they eat when they're hungry!

• Cats need a varied diet and you can get that from one of the many types of dried meal available. They also like meat. My cat lives in the house and even though she is well fed goes out and eats mice and weasels. We live in a rural area surrounded by farm and woodland so there is lots of things for her to catch. Most house cats will thrive on a complete feed meal.

• No.Tuna has very little nutritional value for cats, which means that if you feed it too often, the cat will suffer from malnutrition. Also, eating fish too often - even fish in cat food - is supposed to be bad for the cat.Search for websites on Google about feeding cats and you will find this information.

• My cat wouldn't eat anything else either if i gave him tuna every day! So i also have a fussy pussy and i buy him fish flavoured poaches (Don't like tin cat food, tends to be drier and goes off). I give him tuna as a treat about once a week, i also give him abit of cooked chicken, chicken giblets(raw) and raw mince as treats too. He loves me for it!! (Only give raw meat if your cat is wormed every 4-6 months). Hope this helps

• O dear, why isn't my elderly (15yrs old ) cat dying or seriusley ill. She eats tuna every day. Sometimes she will eat a little cat food for a change and she always has dried food. She is the healthyist cat i know of that age.