my dog keeps drinking water and when she tries to pee only a few drops come out.. what is wrong?

my dog keeps drinking water and when she tries to pee only a few drops come out.. what is wrong?

my dog keeps drinking water and when she tries to pee only a few drops come out.. what is wrong?...
    General Dog Discussions : my dog keeps drinking water and when she tries to pee only a few drops come out.. what is wrong?...

• Are you sure you are seeing her everytime she intends to pee? I have one female who takes her initial squat and then tries to hit a few more spots like a male would but often only has a few drips by then.If you are sure that she can only do a few drips, she may be diabetic or have a urinary tract infection that makes urination painful.Sounds like it may be time to check with your vet.

• It could be anything from a UTI to renal distress/failure to stones to an endocrine disease to sphincter spasms to dehydration. The vet can stimulate her to pee and can tell you a little better what is wrong with her if anything. Remember, it is possible that there is nothing wrong with her so don't be afraid. However, in case there is a problem you should consider taking her to the vet as soon as possible so that there isn't permanent damage to her body. When you go try to remember how many times you have seen her drink since you last saw her pee and how often she is trying to urinate and how many drops come out. This will help the vet work faster and have more information so as to know where to start looking. Good luck.

• You need to see a Vet, there are several things that could be causing the problem, and ALL of them need a Vet's attention! It's not something you can treat with home remedies! If possible try to get a sample of urine for the Vet to test. They'll initially give anti-biotics and possibly pain-killers, If you have ever had a UTI, Cystitis or Bladder infection you'll know how painful they can be!

• got to the vet this can be a sign of a number of conditions from a bladder infection to bladder stones. If it is bladder stones and one has passed into the urethra to cause a blockage this can be serious. It's probably just an infection but get her checked asap to be safe.

• Please take her to the vets - she could have an UTI or it could be something more serious like Diabetes its always bettter to be safe than sorry - hope she soon back to her old self.

• if you see the dog pee every time why but is the dog just scenting if the colour is normal and the dog dose'nt whine when peeing i dont know any reason to worry

• You should get this checked out at the vets as soon as possible. It could be something as simple as a urinary tract infection, but could be something more serious such as diabetes

• Sounds like cystitis or kidney/bladder stones. Try to get a urine sample by following her with a shallow tray and slipping it under her to catch her urine when she does pass a little. Take her and the sample to your vets ASAP so they can check her out and test the urine.