what is the likelyhood of my dog being pregnant?

what is the probalility my dog is pregnant?i had my ***** progestrone tested and had two good matings with a stud dog whose sperm i had tested too. so everything was right and mated at the right time, but at 25 days i took her back to a vet who scanned…

what is the probalility my dog is pregnant?i had my ***** progestrone tested and had two good matings with a stud dog whose sperm i had tested too. so everything was right and mated at the right time, but at 25 days i took her back to a vet who scanned…...
    General Dog Discussions : what is the likelyhood of my dog being pregnant?...

• what is the likelyhood of my dog being pregnant?

what is the likelyhood of my dog being pregnant? General Dog Discussions
      what is the probalility my dog is pregnant?i had my ***** progestrone tested and had two good matings with a stud dog whose sperm i had tested too. so everything was right and mated at the right time, but at 25 days i took her back to a vet who scanned her and said she is probably NOT pregnant but to bring her back in 2 weeks. what is the probability she didnt even conceive.she is showing all the signs of pregnancy ie. nipple growth, increased apetite etc and is now 32 days...beleive me i know all about phantoms. i was merely asking to see if anyone had any similar experiences not a lecture from someone whos avatar looks like a puppy farmed dalmation

what is the likelyhood of my dog being pregnant? General Dog Discussions
    • Oh, new member today. You went through all that trouble, and still don't have a clue about false pregnancies, and are asking total strangers to diagnose a pregnancy when the vet said she probably isn't. Why don't I believe any of this?

• This is something you should be asking your breeding mentor, not people on yahoo. If you have concerns with your 'beloved' pooch ask your mentor or in fact the vet! I do hope she is of age (2 years +) and has had all the health tests etc etc. YAY another BYBer knowing what NOT to do!!!

• This is why I don't bother with scanning!! They are not accurate (in terms of how many puppies), and at best will only confirm, or otherwise, a pregnancy - and then not necessarily!! And even if a pregnancy is confirmed, that only means she's pregnant at the time of scanning. Bitches can, and sometimes sadly do, reabsorb their puppies, and often at around the 5-week mark, if all is not well in the uterus. However, If you've done all that testing, and got her at the right time, chances are she is pregnant so I think I'd just assume she has taken, maybe with just a few puppies, plan for her whelping and so on. By week 7 you should be seeing the puppies moving around - and if by then you don't then she's missed, and there's nothing any amount of scanning will do about that!!I don't scan, never have, because I feel the risk of stressing my bitches out, or picking up infection at the vet's office (or both) isn't worth the cost of the scan.If you need to know, because the male was significantly bigger than the b itch and you need to know if she's going to have to go for an elective C.Section, I'd x-ray shortly before her due date. Otherwise, just let nature take it's course. Waiting is half the fun (they say!!).