I have a Cavalier King Charles Spaniel, who was bitten on the tail about a year ago.?

The dog belongs to my mother. He has unusual swelling on the base of the tail and the Vet says it may need to be amputated. He has put the dog on a course of tablets after an injection, no idea what of. Anyone with a similar problem? This dog, Rex was my…

I have a Cavalier King Charles Spaniel, who was bitten on the tail about a year ago.?

The dog belongs to my mother. He has unusual swelling on the base of the tail and the Vet says it may need to be amputated. He has put the dog on a course of tablets after an injection, no idea what of. Anyone with a similar problem? This dog, Rex was my…...
    General Dog Discussions : I have a Cavalier King Charles Spaniel, who was bitten on the tail about a year ago.?...

• I have a Cavalier King Charles Spaniel, who was bitten on the tail about a year ago.?

I have a Cavalier King Charles Spaniel, who was bitten on the tail about a year ago.? General Dog Discussions
      The dog belongs to my mother. He has unusual swelling on the base of the tail and the Vet says it may need to be amputated. He has put the dog on a course of tablets after an injection, no idea what of. Anyone with a similar problem? This dog, Rex was my late fathers dog and is a much loved and special little dog,Please help.

I have a Cavalier King Charles Spaniel, who was bitten on the tail about a year ago.? General Dog Discussions
    • is he uncomfortable with it? if he is i would go ahead with the amputation, he will cope just fine without it, i know it must be sad for you, you can tell how your cav is feeling by how he holds his tail and they are always wagging.if their is no pain and its just scar tissue then leave it, but make it clear to your vet that you want to know what is best for your dog, and that this dog is a special part of your family, so you don't want to take a radical unnecessary decision.hope it works out well for you.