claws growing out of my dogs arm?? very freaked out people!!!?

alright please help because i am very confused and weirded out.. outside the front left paw of my dog above her last toe.. there are little black lines coming out maybe 6 or more. they are growing out of my dog. they have the texture of a claw but much…

claws growing out of my dogs arm?? very freaked out people!!!?

alright please help because i am very confused and weirded out.. outside the front left paw of my dog above her last toe.. there are little black lines coming out maybe 6 or more. they are growing out of my dog. they have the texture of a claw but much…...
    General Dog Discussions : claws growing out of my dogs arm?? very freaked out people!!!?...

• Are they the exact same color/feel as her nails?How about a picture?

• Are they all coming out of the exact same point? Sometimes my dog's upper most claw (not sure of it's name) will split kind of like you're describing. I've never been too worried about it, my fingernails peel and split too sometimes. If they are 6 separate things though, I would call a vet. Or maybe even just take a picture and show someone and see if they think it could be dangerous.

• Seeing how you said that there are several of these growing, I highly doubt they are dew claws, as dogs only grow one on the two front feet.Anyway, my grandmother has a cat that has claw like things that grow out of her pads, we clip them and they don't bother her at all. We actually JUST noticed them and she's probably about 4-5 years old approximately, I'm not really sure.If they bother your dog though, I would call your vet and determine if you need to come in. I wish you luck!

• http://hippie.nu/~unicorn/tut/img/basics/animalanatomy/canine-front-paw.jpegif there is anything that shouldnt be there then take it to a vet.but i think what your feeling are sort of whiskers, dogs have them on there legs/paws aswell, they feel like a hard lump and have a thick black hair coming out. but better to be sure.if you have a camera you should take a picture of what you are describing (or ask someone with a camera to) and then join a dog forum or a miniature dachshund forum, and post the pictures on there. (just google a forum for it) and you will get a much better answer then on hear, because there will be people who have the dogs, and professional keepers on there that can help if you cant take it to a vet.Edit_Vet is only a last resort in your case, if the dog is in discomfort over them, dont be worried, they are probably normal. and certainly dont sound like anything urgent that would thretten the dogs life and so require an immidiate visit to a vet or emergency vet.and dont pull on them!

• .1. you will not spend hundred on a vet visit to here a diagnosis here its like 35.002. sounds like a dew claw was left on your dog. mot of the time they are cut off pups but sometimes for whatever reason they dont cut one off. proof my moms dog.3. as long as she is not in pain its fine look up pictures of dew claws to see if thats it.4. if its not then get a vet appointment if its hazardous he will offer something. if its just cosmetic and not life threatening leave it alone

• You didn't give a whole lot of description of the things growing on your dog's foot. It may just be whisker-type things that you never noticed before, but it may be claws too. I wouldn't worry about it. Even if they are random claws growing on her toe they aren't hurting anything. Unless she seems disturbed by them I would ignore it.

• "im trying to avoid seeing a vet and spending hundreds of dollars."Thing is, NO ONE can diagnose your dog over the freakin' internet. She needs to be seen by a professional, and that means forking over the money to go to a vet.

• Do you walk her in the woods? Perhaps it's one of those brown pointy burr thingies, the long ones... Not the round. Those things are small, and maybe the reason they hurt is because they're tied up in her fur. So tugging on them, is tugging on her fur as well.

• Ok I know you don't want to take her to a vet for this but in all honesty he would be the most qualified person. It doesn't sound like an emergency so if you can, you should schedule an appointment during the week and a consult usually runs about 35-40 dollars. Maybe someone here would know if it is something abnormal if you posted a picture.

• Are you talking about dewclaws? Just on the front legs in most breeds and it is usually only one on each leg. Most reputable breeders remove them before sale. There are one or two breed where they are left on, but they usually are removed because they are nothing but trouble. This is not an emergency of any sort. You can leave them on, but be mindful to clip the nails regularly because they can grow back into the pad. Or you may choose to have them removed because they are a pain and a danger--dogs get them caught on things fairly often.

• Hi E -I highly doubt your dog is growing "claws". Since it is the weekend and she seems to be tolerating things really well, I suggest you wait until Monday morning to schedule an appointment with her veterinarian. I have no idea what kind of infection or growth she may have but your veterinarian will! Let us know what the outcome is, ok!

• First thing in the morning or the day after tomorrow take her to a vet! Something similar happened to my cat and it turned out to be some kinda of parasite that got attached to him. I repeat...take her to a vet first thing in the morning if they are open and if not Monday morning!Not trying to be rude, just helpful.