If I trim my dogs toenails, will they stop clicking on the hardwood floor?

I have two dogs, a German Shepherd/Husky mix, and a Bull Mastiff /Boxer mix. Both of them have pretty long nails, and i was wondering if trimming their nails would stop the clicking sound on the hardwood floor. Thanks!

I have two dogs, a German Shepherd/Husky mix, and a Bull Mastiff /Boxer mix. Both of them have pretty long nails, and i was wondering if trimming their nails would stop the clicking sound on the hardwood floor. Thanks!...
    General Dog Discussions : If I trim my dogs toenails, will they stop clicking on the hardwood floor?...

• If I trim my dogs toenails, will they stop clicking on the hardwood floor?

If I trim my dogs toenails, will they stop clicking on the hardwood floor? General Dog Discussions
      I have two dogs, a German Shepherd/Husky mix, and a Bull Mastiff /Boxer mix. Both of them have pretty long nails, and i was wondering if trimming their nails would stop the clicking sound on the hardwood floor. Thanks!

If I trim my dogs toenails, will they stop clicking on the hardwood floor? General Dog Discussions
    • Yes, it will help. But the clicking will not completely go away. I would recommend taking them to a vet to get their nails trimmed, or even just call the vet and ask where they recommend you take them.It could be very painful if you did it wrong. You need a special kind of clippers to trim a dog's nails. As long as you don't hit their 'quick', you will be fine. Best of luck!