How do you get your pet to love you more than anyone?

I really want my dog to follow me around, and love me more than my other family. I want my dog to love me so much. How do I be so kind to him so that he'll always love me?

I really want my dog to follow me around, and love me more than my other family. I want my dog to love me so much. How do I be so kind to him so that he'll always love me?...
    General Dog Discussions : How do you get your pet to love you more than anyone?...

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• How do you get your pet to love you more than anyone?

How do you get your pet to love you more than anyone? General Dog Discussions
      I really want my dog to follow me around, and love me more than my other family. I want my dog to love me so much. How do I be so kind to him so that he'll always love me?

How do you get your pet to love you more than anyone? General Dog Discussions
    • Step1Keep your dog healthy. While your dog may not seem overjoyed to go to the vet and get poked and prodded, he’ll thank you later when he’s happy and healthy. Also pay attention to little annoyances such as long toenails or an overgrown coat. Keeping your dog’s health and daily grooming in check makes your dog happier and more excited to be with you. Step2Keep the discipline but allow for the occasional spoil. While your dog shouldn’t be fed table scraps, an occasional treat would be appreciated. Experiment with treats by buying several brands and giving your dog different types. You can even make them yourself. Don’t just give a treat as a reward or a habit; give them randomly when they’re unexpected. Step3Play fetch. After your dog has been alone all day, he just wants some interaction. Luckily for you, fetch just requires you to lie on the couch and throw the ball once it’s been dropped in your hand. Your dog will have a blast playing, and you won’t even have to put in too much effort. Step4Take him with you whenever possible. After being cooped up in the same house, a ride in the car with you to the gas station sounds like the highlight of the day. Bring your dog with you to a friend’s house or on a walk around the block if possible. Step5Get down on your dog’s level. Many dog owners don’t allow their dogs on the couch or bed, which is an understandable house rule. Get your dog his own dog bed, find a good place on the floor for it and visit him down there frequently. Dogs love to know they’re wanted, and what better way to show that than by hopping on the floor and cuddling with your dog on his territory. Step6Let your dog socialize. Imagine going a whole week without interacting with any human beings. That would be pretty boring and lonely, huh? That’s what your dog has to deal with if you don’t take him to the park to play. Give him an hour or two each Saturday or Sunday morning to play with other dogs and other humans, too. He’ll love you for it.