a stray dog caught in a trap n bleeding bad?

her toenail on her back paw is completly ripped off n she has been bleeding bad!no vets r in tonight humane society hasnt yet callled me back help me ya guys!

her toenail on her back paw is completly ripped off n she has been bleeding bad!no vets r in tonight humane society hasnt yet callled me back help me ya guys!...
    General Dog Discussions : a stray dog caught in a trap n bleeding bad?...

• a stray dog caught in a trap n bleeding bad?

a stray dog caught in a trap n bleeding bad? General Dog Discussions
      her toenail on her back paw is completly ripped off n she has been bleeding bad!no vets r in tonight humane society hasnt yet callled me back help me ya guys!

a stray dog caught in a trap n bleeding bad? General Dog Discussions
    • Try putting some corn starch on the raw area. If that doesn't work apply pressure until it stops bleeding and then bandage it. Why and where did you find this poor dog caught in a trap and what kind of trap? That's a cruel way to get rid of an animal.

• Put a big glob of Neosporin on a piece of gauze,then try to bandage it tightly - but not so tight that it cuts off circulation. If the dog will let you,put pressure on the wound by pressing a piece of gauze on it firmly. But there have to be emergency vets on call,- just look in the phone book,

• Does your veterinarian have a recording with the name or number of an emergency vet clinic for after hours? If he doesn't, look up emergency vet clinics in your area online. Look on vetlocator.com and you should be able to find something. Also try 1800veterinarian.com. I hope this helps.In the meantime, you can apply corn starch and bandage the area.

• Wrap the paw using a pressure bandage. By this I mean cover the area with a few layers of gauze, then wrap the paw snugly. Not too tight, but quite snugly. Baby aspirin is safe for dogs, but aspirin also 'thins' the blood, so if he is bleeding badly you shouldn't give it. Try to keep him comfortable until you can get him some help. He should be offered water, but - for now - I wouldn't worry about having him eat.