What are the symptoms of a dog who may have anal gland problems or worms?

My dog is rubbing his butt on the floor more than usual and sits down whenever he can

My dog is rubbing his butt on the floor more than usual and sits down whenever he can...
    General Dog Discussions : What are the symptoms of a dog who may have anal gland problems or worms?...

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• What are the symptoms of a dog who may have anal gland problems or worms?

What are the symptoms of a dog who may have anal gland problems or worms? General Dog Discussions
      My dog is rubbing his butt on the floor more than usual and sits down whenever he can

What are the symptoms of a dog who may have anal gland problems or worms? General Dog Discussions
    • if they have enlarged anal glands they will scoot their butt on the floor or ground trying to relieve the pressure, you can take them to the vet and have them release it for you. be warned it's stinky. As for worms, check their poop, if you see white things moving around, those are worms. Unless it's heart worms then a good sign is lack of energy and you should get them to a vet immediately.

• His anal glands need to be expressed. If he is rubbing his butt on the floor and it has a smelly odor..Often times the dgo needs his anal glands expressed, anal glands can build up fluid, which makes the dog uncomfortable, most dogs can express there own anal glands but in some cases some dogs can't. Anal glands that have fluid can become infected or abcessed if not taken care of or expressed. Take the dog to either a groomer or a vet, and they will express them. Its really cheap. It could also be a sign of worms..but we can't know for sure, take the dog to a vet.