my cousins was bit by our family dog.He is 2 months late on the shot has no sign of rabies do we need toworry?

Our familyh dog is always inside just goes outside to use the bathroom. Do we need to worry that our cousin needs to get the shots, if our family dog doesn't show signs of rabies?

my cousins was bit by our family dog.He is 2 months late on the shot has no sign of rabies do we need toworry?

Our familyh dog is always inside just goes outside to use the bathroom. Do we need to worry that our cousin needs to get the shots, if our family dog doesn't show signs of rabies?...
    General Dog Discussions : my cousins was bit by our family dog.He is 2 months late on the shot has no sign of rabies do we need toworry?...

• my cousins was bit by our family dog.He is 2 months late on the shot has no sign of rabies do we need toworry?

my cousins was bit by our family dog.He is 2 months late on the shot has no sign of rabies do we need toworry? General Dog Discussions
      Our familyh dog is always inside just goes outside to use the bathroom. Do we need to worry that our cousin needs to get the shots, if our family dog doesn't show signs of rabies?

my cousins was bit by our family dog.He is 2 months late on the shot has no sign of rabies do we need toworry? General Dog Discussions
    • With a dog bite, you always need to worry. Although they may seem healthy, you don't really know what they could be carrying. He should call his doctor and find out what the next step should be.

• The yearly rabies shot is a total crock the shot acctually lasts in the dogs system for a minimum of 3 years, up to 6 years in some dogs. This is why reputable vets do titre testing, rather than injecting the dog every year.This tests the dogs blood for antibodies. In other words there is absolutly no reason what so ever to worry about rabbies. What I would be worried about is the fact that your dog bit some one, and the risk of infection. Animal scratches and bites get infected easily. The wound needs to be disinfected daily, bandaged and monitered, Any signs of infection or illness and I would advise a doctor trip