Have you taken your dog to the vet for dental care?

My dog has plaque, like all dogs, but I learned that this can be removed. I would love to take my dog to the vet for dental care to remove the plaque - I'm just glad my dog does not have bad breath! Can you share your experience of how your dog looked…

My dog has plaque, like all dogs, but I learned that this can be removed. I would love to take my dog to the vet for dental care to remove the plaque - I'm just glad my dog does not have bad breath! Can you share your experience of how your dog looked…...
    General Dog Discussions : Have you taken your dog to the vet for dental care?...

• Have you taken your dog to the vet for dental care?

Have you taken your dog to the vet for dental care? General Dog Discussions
      My dog has plaque, like all dogs, but I learned that this can be removed. I would love to take my dog to the vet for dental care to remove the plaque - I'm just glad my dog does not have bad breath! Can you share your experience of how your dog looked after the teeth were cleaned? Were the teeth white? Do you think that it was worth the cost for a dental cleaning? Hope with what I read I know what to expect when I decide to take mine in for a cleaning.

Have you taken your dog to the vet for dental care? General Dog Discussions
    • Yes I did take my dog to the vet for detail care once. Honesty it looks different but the teeth that are Black In a dogs teeth are going to stay the same. However it does remove all the plaque and I think that was worth it. :)

• my last dog did have a dental cleaning at the vet ... her teeth came out clean and white ... my current dog i took to a doggie dental hygienist and i was very happy with the results, not to mention it was more than half the price of the vet and no anesthesia required ... i think it is worthwhile to invest in dental care ... http://bowwowhaus.ca/dental/ - pictures of before and after ... the dog is wrapped like a burrito and the procedure went well ...

• I took down a frost damaged cherry tree a few years ago with the help of my dog. Turns out he loves cherry tree branches because chewing on them keep his teeth fastidiously clean and free of any buildup. He does not require any other dental care.