What is the easiest way to clean a cat's teeth?

My little darling is only 6 and already he's had 4 teeth taken out. He gets a good cleaning at the vet every time he needs it but I'd like to take better care in between--if he'd let me! Are there any products that help with this?

My little darling is only 6 and already he's had 4 teeth taken out. He gets a good cleaning at the vet every time he needs it but I'd like to take better care in between--if he'd let me! Are there any products that help with this?...
    General Dog Discussions : What is the easiest way to clean a cat's teeth?...

• What is the easiest way to clean a cat's teeth?

What is the easiest way to clean a cat's teeth? General Dog Discussions
      My little darling is only 6 and already he's had 4 teeth taken out. He gets a good cleaning at the vet every time he needs it but I'd like to take better care in between--if he'd let me! Are there any products that help with this?

What is the easiest way to clean a cat's teeth? General Dog Discussions
    • Unfortunately, cats are not like dog where almost everything (brushing teeth!) is a game. For a cat to be co-operative in teeth brushing, one almost has to start training and getting a KITTEN used to it. Having said that, your best bet will be1) Dental toothpaste for cats.Just smear it on the cats teeth - studies shows that even if you can't brush the teeth, having the enzymes from the toothpaste coming into contact with the teeth is better than none;2) Dental treats such as C.E.T. chewshttp://www.virbacvet.com/cet/product/cet_oral_hygiene_chews_for_cats_fish/31/Some cats absolutely hates these and wants nothing to do with it.You can ask your vet for a sample before investing in one of these; they are fairly expensive.The health of a cat's teeth has alot to do with genetics too, Siamese and persians tends to inheritat the worst genes.Kudos to being such a great pet parent ensuring your cat's dental health are met.