The top of my dogs nails one 1 paw are dark red?

my dog has been biting her nails on 1 paw. At the top of the nail its a deep red color. Does anyone know what this could be or if its anything at all?I do not see anything on her nails or anywhere in the paw. I will give her a bath and see.There is NO…

my dog has been biting her nails on 1 paw. At the top of the nail its a deep red color. Does anyone know what this could be or if its anything at all?I do not see anything on her nails or anywhere in the paw. I will give her a bath and see.There is NO…...
    General Dog Discussions : The top of my dogs nails one 1 paw are dark red?...

• The top of my dogs nails one 1 paw are dark red?

The top of my dogs nails one 1 paw are dark red? General Dog Discussions
      my dog has been biting her nails on 1 paw. At the top of the nail its a deep red color. Does anyone know what this could be or if its anything at all?I do not see anything on her nails or anywhere in the paw. I will give her a bath and see.There is NO swelling.

The top of my dogs nails one 1 paw are dark red? General Dog Discussions
    • She may have a grass seed or a tick in her paw which would agitate her causing her to lick and bite that area. I'd say that the deep red colour on her paw is blood on her paw or inflammation of blood vessels from where she is biting it. Give her a shower and gently rub her paw to see if you can dislodge what is there. Failing that it'll be a trip to vets to get it sorted I think.