what causes pustuels to appear on a pugs face and how can i prevent them?

my pug sometimes gets little red bumps on her face sometimes theyre in her wrinkles and sometimes on her chin. they appear to be "zits" so i pop them and then they seem to dissapear. but i would like to know what i can do to prevent them from forming adn…

my pug sometimes gets little red bumps on her face sometimes theyre in her wrinkles and sometimes on her chin. they appear to be "zits" so i pop them and then they seem to dissapear. but i would like to know what i can do to prevent them from forming adn…...
    General Dog Discussions : what causes pustuels to appear on a pugs face and how can i prevent them?...

• what causes pustuels to appear on a pugs face and how can i prevent them?

what causes pustuels to appear on a pugs face and how can i prevent them? General Dog Discussions
      my pug sometimes gets little red bumps on her face sometimes theyre in her wrinkles and sometimes on her chin. they appear to be "zits" so i pop them and then they seem to dissapear. but i would like to know what i can do to prevent them from forming adn how i can treat them after they appear. they seem to cause my puggy pain and sensitivity.

what causes pustuels to appear on a pugs face and how can i prevent them? General Dog Discussions
    • You need to clean her face daily, especially the wrinkled areas and dry completely. If that doesn't help, you need to have your vet see if it is a staph problem or yeast problem so he can give you the correct medicine to heal the acne or skin infection.

• My dog had the same thing. It's kind of gross to look out, but the vet said it's completely normal. A lot of pugs get them when they are young and in their teenage years. It's just a type of dog acne. You really shouldn't pop them though. When you pop them, you are increasing the risk of infection - and you don't want your pug to get an infected face.There is nothing you can really do to prevent pug zits - your dog will eventually grow out of it. In the mean time, just keep your dogs face clean. You should wipe it down and clean out the wrinkles a few times per week.