How much is a physical exam for my cat?

I go to a vet in Massachusetts and my cats a boy and not neurterd and is it mandatory to take him

I go to a vet in Massachusetts and my cats a boy and not neurterd and is it mandatory to take him...
    General Dog Discussions : How much is a physical exam for my cat?...

• How much is a physical exam for my cat?

How much is a physical exam for my cat? General Dog Discussions
      I go to a vet in Massachusetts and my cats a boy and not neurterd and is it mandatory to take him

How much is a physical exam for my cat? General Dog Discussions
    • I have no idea what the laws are in Massachusetts but any pet owner in their right mind would have a female cat spayed and a male cat neutered. Not only are there too many kittens in the world with nobody to take are of them and shelters killing thousands every month, the health of the female and male is also better. It prevents certain cancers, takes away the desire to fight and spray mark for territory etc. Call your local SPCA and see if they have any low cost spay/neuter programs.

• A basic check-up without any vaccines or tests cost from about $38.00 up. $45.00 is probably average.It really varies a LOT depending on where you go though. I know someone who moved here from far away and when his cats needed their yearly exam he made them appointments at MetroCat in Brookline. Well they did have their vaccines and one of them had some blood work but I nearly choked when I learned he paid nearly $900.00 to take 2 cats to the vet for a routine visit!!If I'd talked to him before I could have directed him to a place in South Boston where he'd have had all that done for about $320.00.What I am saying is 2 factors that matter in vets' pricing is their overhead costs like rent and the affluence of the local clientele So it is better to find a good vet where the rents are not high and the people are not rich!But the only way you can know for certain how much a vet cost is to call and ask! Call! They will tell you; it isn't secret information.It is not mandatory to take a cat to a vet per se but it is mandatory to keep a cat or dog up-to-date on rabies vaccines. So you could simply take the cat to a local Dept of Animal Control low cost rabies clinic, pay $12.00, and be in compliance - without having taken the cat to the vet for a check-up.You really should find a good local vet and bring him in for his check-up and whatever else he needs. Maybe he is young and you think nothing will ever happen. Something will happen at some point though and you will not have seen it coming since you didn't get him regular check-ups. Not only that you won't have an established relationship with any vet so you will have no one to call either!As for neutering, ask the vet while you are there and if the rates are affordable make an appointment right then. If not, there are low-cost neuter programs all over. Google "low cost neuter cat" with city/town and Massachusetts.I would say a check-up for your cat plus his rabies vaccine and FVRCP vaccine, nothing else, will be roughly $90.00.