How do you cook calves' liver for a dog?

Both the vet and the pet store told me to make home cooked meals for my severely allergic dog. I don't need any recipes just the quickest and easiest way to get it from being raw to cooked. Times and temperatures would be most helpful. Also, once cooked…

Both the vet and the pet store told me to make home cooked meals for my severely allergic dog. I don't need any recipes just the quickest and easiest way to get it from being raw to cooked. Times and temperatures would be most helpful. Also, once cooked…...
    General Dog Discussions : How do you cook calves' liver for a dog?...

• How do you cook calves' liver for a dog?

How do you cook calves' liver for a dog? General Dog Discussions
      Both the vet and the pet store told me to make home cooked meals for my severely allergic dog. I don't need any recipes just the quickest and easiest way to get it from being raw to cooked. Times and temperatures would be most helpful. Also, once cooked what is the shelf life of it in the fridge? Thanks!

How do you cook calves' liver for a dog? General Dog Discussions
    • why cooked? My dog eats his livers raw..If you insist on cooking it, I imagine you just put it in the frying pan and cook it like you would a steak.. no seasonings tho.cooked meats ussually last a few days longer than raw meats in the fridge.. what I do is cut meats up into single portions, bag and freeze them, and pull out a day or two's worth of meals to thaw at a time.liver is very rich tho and should not be fed as a whole meal.. otherwise you can cause stomache upsets.. your dog's diet should only be about 10% organ meats.. and I would not advice on starting your dog out on organ meats right away.. you should allow him to adapt to the new diet first.You may want to find some home cooked or raw feeding groups here on yahoo to learn more about preparing meals for your dog... they can tell you how to prepare the items and how to balance meals out for your dog.