Is there a safe way to lighten a dogs fur?

Over the last few months my dog's fur around her mouth has darkened and has a real bad odor. She is bathed every weekend. She is an inside dog and we can't figure out what has caused it. Her groomer said it was because of drooling. She doesn't really…

Over the last few months my dog's fur around her mouth has darkened and has a real bad odor. She is bathed every weekend. She is an inside dog and we can't figure out what has caused it. Her groomer said it was because of drooling. She doesn't really…...
    General Dog Discussions : Is there a safe way to lighten a dogs fur?...

• Is there a safe way to lighten a dogs fur?

Is there a safe way to lighten a dogs fur? General Dog Discussions
      Over the last few months my dog's fur around her mouth has darkened and has a real bad odor. She is bathed every weekend. She is an inside dog and we can't figure out what has caused it. Her groomer said it was because of drooling. She doesn't really drool. When she drinks water the for gets wet around the mouth. We have had her a year and this has never been a problem before. Any ideas what be greatly appreciated.

Is there a safe way to lighten a dogs fur? General Dog Discussions
    • Since it has a bad odor, I'm thinking it might be bacteria or a fungal infection, which could be caused by the fur around the mouth getting wet when she drinks. I'd take her to the vet for a check-up. Hopefully he/she can identify the problem and you can fix the cause, instead of treating the symptoms.Best of luck with her.