My beagles eye is red and closes sometimes?

HIs eye looks bigger than the other and its red on the outside and the inside he can open it and it doesn't seem to be bothering him.. I did clean it with baby shampoo without rubbing it because this has happened before and cleaning it really helped.. I…

HIs eye looks bigger than the other and its red on the outside and the inside he can open it and it doesn't seem to be bothering him.. I did clean it with baby shampoo without rubbing it because this has happened before and cleaning it really helped.. I…...
    General Dog Discussions : My beagles eye is red and closes sometimes?...

• My beagles eye is red and closes sometimes?

My beagles eye is red and closes sometimes? General Dog Discussions
      HIs eye looks bigger than the other and its red on the outside and the inside he can open it and it doesn't seem to be bothering him.. I did clean it with baby shampoo without rubbing it because this has happened before and cleaning it really helped.. I just noticed it because I was going to take him for a walk. He is an outside dog so it could be anything! Any home remedies that I could do tonight? If it's not better by tomorrow morning we're going to take him to the vet as our vet has already closed. Thanks and don't just say take him to the vet I already know that and we are taking him tomorrow.

My beagles eye is red and closes sometimes? General Dog Discussions
    • Is it in the corner of his eye? If it is and seems a bit bulged out, it is a condition known as cherry eye. Something like a grain of dirt or sand or any other kind of irritation makes their third eyelid inflamed and red. Your best bet is to take it to the vet. If it is exposed and kept like that too long, it may require surgery. Most people hate hearing it, but your best bet is the vet!

• My grandmas dog had cherry eye and this is what that sounds like. with my grandmas dog they were going to have to remove the eye and they found a tumor behind the eye so they had to put him down. if it is you shouldn't worry to much but I would take him to the vet. what happened to my grandmas dog isn't common tho so don't let that scare you.