Why's My Family Cat Sneezing?

He's been sneezing the past few days. Mom my thought that he has had all the shots he needed so he wouldn't get sick, but I don't know. I don't want him to get my cat sick. I love her too much, and what he could have, if he didn't get the shot, could…

He's been sneezing the past few days. Mom my thought that he has had all the shots he needed so he wouldn't get sick, but I don't know. I don't want him to get my cat sick. I love her too much, and what he could have, if he didn't get the shot, could…...
    General Dog Discussions : Why's My Family Cat Sneezing?...

• Why's My Family Cat Sneezing?

Why's My Family Cat Sneezing? General Dog Discussions
      He's been sneezing the past few days. Mom my thought that he has had all the shots he needed so he wouldn't get sick, but I don't know. I don't want him to get my cat sick. I love her too much, and what he could have, if he didn't get the shot, could kill them, she said. I told her to take him to the vet, but we don't have the money, and he's a pain to take there.Why Could He Be Sneezing? Can he give it to my cat?

Why's My Family Cat Sneezing? General Dog Discussions
    • He could have allergies. No kidding! Cats can be allergic to flea bites, or to their own dander. I understand you being concerned about your cat. I am a cat owner, and I would feel likewise.Whatever it is, I hope your cat gets to feeling better, soon. :)

• relax your nerves my cat sneezes from time to time it may be the dust in the air or any variety of things. your cat may actually have a cold just relax and if the problem does not resolve it self within the next few days then try giving your cat some form of garlic i usually use garlic powder and sprinkle and mix it into wet food this is a natural cure all for cats and also helps rid of fleas and worms good luck.

• It could just be a result of season change and mayb your cat caught a cold. He's going to be alright :)It could be an allergy to something, if he keeps on sneezing or behaving weirdly, (for more than 5 days) then you should take him to the vet no matter what.

• Why do you sneeze? Cold, dust, allergies. Same with cats, so don't freak out unless there is other symptoms. If its a cold and your kitty gets it, she will be fine. My cat is always sneezing about something. Hair, dust, etc. Shots only cover certain things, like the shots you get. Your cat can still get sick, its just the major stuff that is covered.So just calm down and assess the situation. Vets do not need more people who bring their animal in for a cough when they could be helping the animals who NEED attention.

• Your cat could have a cold. Cats can get an upper respiratory virus that comes complete with sneezing, runny nose, and sometimes watery eyes.I definitely recommend against any form of garlic being fed to a cat as one poster suggested. Garlic can cause a condition known as hemolytic anemia in cats and dogs. It also happens with onions. Hemolytic anemia is a condition where the red blood cells spontaneously break down in the blood stream or in organs. It's often fatal. While I'm sure many people have given their cats and dogs many toxic foods over the years and had no problems, there are many cats and dogs who end up being discussed as interesting cases in rounds because they ate grapes, raisins, garlic, onions, chocolate, coffee, lilies, poinsettas or any number of the other things that will kill our pets.Keep an eye on your cat. There are conditions like FeLV and FIV which can cause respiratory symptoms, which are contagious. I'm not sure if your mother or someone else introduced a cat into the mix, but if there's no clear medical history on the new animal, you may want to consider taking the cat who may have infected yours in for testing. A standard FeLV/FIV test is 30 dollars here in Minnesota.

• Continuous sneezing can be a sign of an upper respiratory infection, or of a foreign body lodged in your cat's nasal passages. The good thing about a cat’s sneeze is that it is usually not serious - but that does not mean that you want to overlook it.If you are having a difficult time figuring out what is causing your cat to sneeze, you will want to visit your veterinarian. This will probably be the easiest and most accurate way of diagnosing your cat’s sneezing problem.Cat sneezing infections are caused by bacteria such as Bordatella and Adeno-2. Not only do these bacteria cause sneezing in cats, but they can also similarly infect the human system as well.