Okay, I'm only 14 but my destiny is to become a domesticated animal vet. What should I do to prepare?

Okay so yes, im 14. Im pretty young. But like I mentioned, i really want to be a vet and i will do anything I can to get there. I'm not even in highschool yet. All i know is that my science coarse next year is biology honors, and i am above average in…

Okay, I'm only 14 but my destiny is to become a domesticated animal vet. What should I do to prepare?

Okay so yes, im 14. Im pretty young. But like I mentioned, i really want to be a vet and i will do anything I can to get there. I'm not even in highschool yet. All i know is that my science coarse next year is biology honors, and i am above average in…...
    General Dog Discussions : Okay, I'm only 14 but my destiny is to become a domesticated animal vet. What should I do to prepare?...

• Okay, I'm only 14 but my destiny is to become a domesticated animal vet. What should I do to prepare?

Okay, I'm only 14 but my destiny is to become a domesticated animal vet. What should I do to prepare? General Dog Discussions
      Okay so yes, im 14. Im pretty young. But like I mentioned, i really want to be a vet and i will do anything I can to get there. I'm not even in highschool yet. All i know is that my science coarse next year is biology honors, and i am above average in math. I love all animals, but i know that being a vet is also about the people. I have had 4 cats and 2 hamsters, maybe to get a dog. How can i get a head start? What are some things I have to/should do? Which vet schools are the best? (im thinking rutgers pre-vet) thanks. I just want to get a head start, I know about 50 vets who had to apply many times before being accepted, and i also hear that it is VERY difficult. I wanna make it as easy for me as possible. Again, Thanks and maybe one day ill see you in the field :)

Okay, I'm only 14 but my destiny is to become a domesticated animal vet. What should I do to prepare? General Dog Discussions
    • Be prepared - you will be taking A LOT of science classes (including labs) in college. You'll probably have to wait until you're 16 (or possibly 17), but you could get a job at a veterinary clinic. You can also volunteer at local animal shelters.

• Study study study! As you already know, getting into Vet school is much much harder than getting into med school. Volunteer at shelters, get as much experience as you can. Take any biological science classes you can find. There are not many vet schools in the US- The ones that stand out (for me) are Tufts, Colorado State, and U of Minnesota. (Again, my opinion) Contact those schools now and learn what they look for in potential students. Really do anything and everything to get yourself noticed and ahead of the curve. Good luck!!!