Does my dog have an allergic reaction with these symptoms? And if they are what can i do about them?

So today my dog ( A Boston Terrier if that helps) came back inside from being outside but his fur did not look normal. It Seems the skin got a sort of hives so there were a lot of spots on his skin that mad his fur seem more up that usual. I am wondering…

Does my dog have an allergic reaction with these symptoms? And if they are what can i do about them?

So today my dog ( A Boston Terrier if that helps) came back inside from being outside but his fur did not look normal. It Seems the skin got a sort of hives so there were a lot of spots on his skin that mad his fur seem more up that usual. I am wondering…...
    General Dog Discussions : Does my dog have an allergic reaction with these symptoms? And if they are what can i do about them?...

• Does my dog have an allergic reaction with these symptoms? And if they are what can i do about them?

Does my dog have an allergic reaction with these symptoms? And if they are what can i do about them? General Dog Discussions
      So today my dog ( A Boston Terrier if that helps) came back inside from being outside but his fur did not look normal. It Seems the skin got a sort of hives so there were a lot of spots on his skin that mad his fur seem more up that usual. I am wondering if this is a sort if allergic reaction to something like a plant or an insect Sting

Does my dog have an allergic reaction with these symptoms? And if they are what can i do about them? General Dog Discussions
    • Yes. If his body begins to get hives or his over all coat appears to change, it is very likely he is having an allergic reaction.Monitor him very closely. If it appears to get any worse than it currently is, I would recommend taking him to the vet because an allergic reaction, even if it appears to be only on the outside, can close off his airway and if he goes into unapologetic shock, you cannot in any way resuscitate him without antihistamines in his system.Also, you can contact your veterinarian and ask them if you can give him some baby benedril. I've never used it on dogs, though I know it is safe for them, but I have used it on horses before.