Any adverse reactions to Bordetella injection?

My healthy dog died 15 days after receiving a Bordetella injection.Within a day or two of the Bordetella injection, my dog started a slight cough and went off his food.About 15 hours before my dog died, the vet did a heartworm check, fecal check,…

My healthy dog died 15 days after receiving a Bordetella injection.Within a day or two of the Bordetella injection, my dog started a slight cough and went off his food.About 15 hours before my dog died, the vet did a heartworm check, fecal check,…...
    General Dog Discussions : Any adverse reactions to Bordetella injection?...

• Any adverse reactions to Bordetella injection?

Any adverse reactions to Bordetella injection? General Dog Discussions
      My healthy dog died 15 days after receiving a Bordetella injection.Within a day or two of the Bordetella injection, my dog started a slight cough and went off his food.About 15 hours before my dog died, the vet did a heartworm check, fecal check, urinalysis, complete blood count, blood chemistry and xrays. Everything was completely normal...

Any adverse reactions to Bordetella injection? General Dog Discussions
    • well there are 2 ways to give it, intra nasal (sprayed into the nose) and sub-q (under the skin). There can be any adverse reactions to any vaccination. The main thing i see with it (we only use intra nasal) and that may be some coughing, kinda like when you get a flu shot, and feel a little fluish feeling for a few days. Of course they can always have an allergic reaction which is either facial swelling, hives, or vomiting/diarrhea. Allergice reactions only happen within 30 minutes of giving the vaccine tho. As far as your dog passing away was it sick afterwards or did it just die? i dont think it had anything to do with the vaccine. I'm sorry for your loss =(...BTW ive worked at a vet for over 4 years now. You had the option of a neocropsy, but that has to be right after the dog passed away.