y dog drank fish pond water and her face swole , what do i do?

for all you people who think im an idiot ive taken her to the vet!!!!!!!!! no blood problems no urine problems! so what do you suggest now?for all you people who think im an idiot ive taken her to the vet!!!!!!!!! no blood problems no urine problems! so…

for all you people who think im an idiot ive taken her to the vet!!!!!!!!! no blood problems no urine problems! so what do you suggest now?for all you people who think im an idiot ive taken her to the vet!!!!!!!!! no blood problems no urine problems! so…...
    General Dog Discussions : y dog drank fish pond water and her face swole , what do i do?...

• y dog drank fish pond water and her face swole , what do i do?

y dog drank fish pond water and her face swole , what do i do? General Dog Discussions
      for all you people who think im an idiot ive taken her to the vet!!!!!!!!! no blood problems no urine problems! so what do you suggest now?for all you people who think im an idiot ive taken her to the vet!!!!!!!!! no blood problems no urine problems! so what do you suggest now?

y dog drank fish pond water and her face swole , what do i do? General Dog Discussions
    • you take her to the vet.. facial swelling indicates some kind of reaction.. your dog is at risk for having difficulty breathing, and damage to eyes, ears and brain if the swelling continues.Evidently there was some kind of chemical or treatment used in the pond water that your dog reacted to.

• if her face is swelling it could be an allergic reaction to something in the water, if this just happened watch her for more swelling cause if its a severe allergic reaction her throat could start to swell as well, if thats the case or you notice anymore symptoms, hives or if she seems to be scratching alot more than usual, call your vet, even if its after hours, most vets have the office line forwarded to a another phone, or have an emercency contact number on the answering machine, if this happened a while ago and she has no more symptoms just keep an eye on her and don't let her drink from that pond anymore and tell her vet about it at the next visit

• Yes, it sounds like an allergic reaction, please call your vet. My dog, when he was a puppy drank from a man-made untreated pond and he got very ill. It really messed up his stomach and he had to be on antibiotics. Please take her to the vet, you don't want to chance something more serious happening to her.