My dog has weird bumps on him, any suggestions?

They itch him terribly, and he gets regular baths , is an inside dog, and is over all clean and never has fleas. He's a white boxer. Any answers?

They itch him terribly, and he gets regular baths , is an inside dog, and is over all clean and never has fleas. He's a white boxer. Any answers?...
    General Dog Discussions : My dog has weird bumps on him, any suggestions?...

• My dog has weird bumps on him, any suggestions?

My dog has weird bumps on him, any suggestions? General Dog Discussions
      They itch him terribly, and he gets regular baths , is an inside dog, and is over all clean and never has fleas. He's a white boxer. Any answers?

My dog has weird bumps on him, any suggestions? General Dog Discussions
    • Being a former veterinarian assistant, it sounds like your dog has developed hives from an allergy to something. Either within your home or outside. Dogs can have allergies just like people, only they can't tell us. We have to know our pets well enough to see that something is wrong, like you have already. I'm assuming that he is between 40 and 50 pounds and advise that you start him on benadryl...50 mgs twice daily. I would also give him about a Tblsp of plain lo-fat yogurt and plain lo-fat cottage cheese once a day. The yogurt will help with any skin yeast infections that may start and the cottage cheese will deacidify his system from the allergic reaction he's having. I would also make sure that you give him oatmeal baths once to twice a week followed with a home-made rinse of 1 part apple cider vinegar, 1 part lemon juice and 2 parts water. Let this set on him for about 5 minutes then rinse. The apple cider vinegar will disinfect his skin, the lemon juice will soothe his skin. If he is not better within a day or two, take him to the vet.