Where can I find cataract eye drops for my dog?

I have a 4 year old mini schnoodle (schnauzer and poodle mix) and he has had a cataract in one of his eyes for about a year now. We know that the cataracts arent from aging, since he got them when he was 3 years old, and he did not have them at birth.…

I have a 4 year old mini schnoodle (schnauzer and poodle mix) and he has had a cataract in one of his eyes for about a year now. We know that the cataracts arent from aging, since he got them when he was 3 years old, and he did not have them at birth.…...
    General Dog Discussions : Where can I find cataract eye drops for my dog?...

• Where can I find cataract eye drops for my dog?

Where can I find cataract eye drops for my dog? General Dog Discussions
      I have a 4 year old mini schnoodle (schnauzer and poodle mix) and he has had a cataract in one of his eyes for about a year now. We know that the cataracts arent from aging, since he got them when he was 3 years old, and he did not have them at birth. So, we are going to invest in some vitamin C and zinc eye drops for dogs to help him. I dont know which brand of eyedrops is best though. Any suggestions for brands and/or links to websites I can buy them from?

Where can I find cataract eye drops for my dog? General Dog Discussions
    • http://wisechoicemedicine.net/store/information.php?info_id=13http://www.drsfostersmith.com/product/prod_display.cfm?pcatid=24626Here I looked these up. If you want more go to Google and type cataract eye drops for dogs and a couple pages will pop up! :)

• Please be very careful with treating your dog's eyes without care from your veterinarian. Cataracts are proteins that build up inside the dog's lens in their eyeballs. The protein can start to leak out into the eye chamber and his immune system can react to the leaking protein causing a lot of problems that can change eye pressure (and therefore pain) and lead to medical problems (glaucoma, uveitis etc...) There is no cure unless your pet has surgery to remove the lens. The drops you mention will not provide enough care.*****Please have your pet examined by a vet and follow their instructions for prescribed eye drops***My dog developed full blown cataracts within 6 months for no apparent reason at age 10. She is now completely blind (but happy!) . She is on steroid eye drops for the rest of her life and has to have her eye pressure checked every 6 months because she developed uveitis.

• You're going to "invest in" some simple OTC vitamin C and eye drops?Try investing in a vet visit, where you'll get proper guidance.You could easily spend just as much aimlessly trying ineffective OTC stuff... and that's assuming you don't harm your dog's delicate eyes in the process.Really?... trusting your young dogs eyes to !AnswersfromYahoos?