"Where can I find a vet who will euthanize my dog in Massachusetts?

I love my dog but he is chronically ill. He has had parvo, pancreatitis, Canine immune deficiancy, constant diarhea. He can barely walk. Has no love of life. Every time we take him to the vet it's another $ 200. I am poor and out of work. Anyone…

I love my dog but he is chronically ill. He has had parvo, pancreatitis, Canine immune deficiancy, constant diarhea. He can barely walk. Has no love of life. Every time we take him to the vet it's another $ 200. I am poor and out of work. Anyone…...
    General Dog Discussions : "Where can I find a vet who will euthanize my dog in Massachusetts?...

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• "Where can I find a vet who will euthanize my dog in Massachusetts?

"Where can I find a vet who will euthanize my dog in Massachusetts? General Dog Discussions
      I love my dog but he is chronically ill. He has had parvo, pancreatitis, Canine immune deficiancy, constant diarhea. He can barely walk. Has no love of life. Every time we take him to the vet it's another $ 200. I am poor and out of work. Anyone have any solution for me?

"Where can I find a vet who will euthanize my dog in Massachusetts? General Dog Discussions
    • If there is nothing that can be done to help your dog gain a better quality of life (medically), then your vet should be willing to euthanize. If there *is* treatment available, and you can't afford it, then you can ask your vet about care credit, or explain your situation and ask them for some resources where you might find some financial aid to help care for the dog.Otherwise, your only other option is to relinquish the dog to a shelter or rescue where it can get treatment, and be rehomed when healthy again. Good luck.

• Try calling the local shelter. Explain your situation to them. Maybe, perhaps they will let you take him there and drop him off, and they can put him to sleep. Either the humane society or your local animal shelter. It is worth a try. At least you know it is time and are doing the right thing. I am sorry you have to go through this. I sure hope someone can help you.

• If there's nothing that can be done by a vet to improve his quality of life, then yes, put him down. If it's just that you can't afford the healthcare, give him to a rescue.

• try to find a humane society or a shelter. They will be able to point you to a clinic, where a veterinarian will not charge for service just for the cost of the shot. At my animal hospital we charge 200 for euthanisa but in reality the eutahnsia (enough for five dogs) barely costs that amount).