This woman is selling chihuahu but unfortunatly, they developed pinworms can this cost alot if taken to a vet?

Also, she wants to give me one for free, is this a good idea me accepting this pup if I have a low immune system?

This woman is selling chihuahu but unfortunatly, they developed pinworms can this cost alot if taken to a vet?

Also, she wants to give me one for free, is this a good idea me accepting this pup if I have a low immune system?...
    General Dog Discussions : This woman is selling chihuahu but unfortunatly, they developed pinworms can this cost alot if taken to a vet?...

• This woman is selling chihuahu but unfortunatly, they developed pinworms can this cost alot if taken to a vet?

This woman is selling chihuahu but unfortunatly, they developed pinworms can this cost alot if taken to a vet? General Dog Discussions
      Also, she wants to give me one for free, is this a good idea me accepting this pup if I have a low immune system?

This woman is selling chihuahu but unfortunatly, they developed pinworms can this cost alot if taken to a vet? General Dog Discussions
    • Do not take a dog that is not healthy. Period. As a "breeder" ---and I do use that term lightly in this case, she is responsible for the health of those pups before they leave her. Getting them treated for pin worm is her responsibility. I really wouldn't take the dog at all---there are probably other problems that are going to crop up, and irf you're already worried about cost then this isn't the time to get a dog.

• Yes it can cost a lot for treating pinworms. And be CAREFUL. Pinworms are contagious and can be transmitted from animals to humans very easily. I would think very hard before taking on any dog that has an illness, even if it is free. Here is some information about pinworms:http://www.emedicinehealth.com/pinworms/article_em.htm

• Are you sure it is pinworms?Dogs do not carry pinworms.It may be another type of wormAbout pinwormshttp://www.uihealthcare.com/topics/infectiousdiseases/infe4734.htmlto be safe, contact a local vet and tell them what the breeder told you, they should tell you if it is safe to get the Chihuahua

• you can get the pill at the vet without an exam...they are about $10..depending on weight...pinworms are contracted more easily thorugh human to human ..dont kiss the dog or anything like that till treated

• You should talk to a vet and find out how seriously ill the puppy is. Most puppies are born with worms and just need to be dewormed a couple of times. They are a lot of responsiblity, make sure you can financially support anything that can happen to the dog. Even though you may be getting the dog for "free," expect to pay at least $200 for vet bills (if you can find a low cost humane society) and another $100 on food and supplies. Maybe before you commit to taking the dog, ask her if you can take the puppy to be checked out by a vet, who can professional exam it and let you know the health of the puppy. There are a lot of vet's that offer a free first visit, just call around in your area.

• Dogs don't get pinworms, it's got to be a different kind of worms. You can get a fecal exam at the vet for under twenty bucks and find out exactly what kind they are and what meds to use to get rid of them. Worms in general are an easy fix and don't usually affect the long term health of the dog. Most puppies have worms, it's a simple pill treatment that you can get from the vet.The only worm that is really worrisome is heartworm. All others are pretty easy to get rid of.