Lab is sneezing alot and we think it is from dryed weeds in a field he sucked into his nasal area?

Has anyone had this happen to them and what was done to rectify it. Was a vet visit needed and how much was it? Thanks

Lab is sneezing alot and we think it is from dryed weeds in a field he sucked into his nasal area?

Has anyone had this happen to them and what was done to rectify it. Was a vet visit needed and how much was it? Thanks...
    General Dog Discussions : Lab is sneezing alot and we think it is from dryed weeds in a field he sucked into his nasal area?...

• Lab is sneezing alot and we think it is from dryed weeds in a field he sucked into his nasal area?

Lab is sneezing alot and we think it is from dryed weeds in a field he sucked into his nasal area? General Dog Discussions
      Has anyone had this happen to them and what was done to rectify it. Was a vet visit needed and how much was it? Thanks

Lab is sneezing alot and we think it is from dryed weeds in a field he sucked into his nasal area? General Dog Discussions
    • Yep - a foxtail up the nose is a common occurrence this time of year. It does take a trip the vet, some minor sedation since the dog usually won't still for it and the vet extracting it from the nose. After a few of these occurences (and in the ear), I don't let my dogs romp in the fields this time of year.If it gets too far down, it requires a vet with a special scope to get it out - and that gets really expensive.Foxtails are sharp and can actually migrate to other parts of the body and cause serious damage so you really need to get it out ASAP. Check ears, coat and feet too. I have had one pass right through the webbing of one of my dog's feet - they sometimes get them even when I don't let them in the fields because they are so prevalent in my area.

• Foxtail are deadly. They're very serious, and hard for a vet to remove. I know of a dog who had them in it's back, the vet removed what he thought were all of them. A few weeks later the dog had a giant pocket of pus under the skin on it's back. When I say giant we're talking something a foot long and as wide as the entire back. The dog had to have it's back drained and the vet removed a few more. Foxtails in the lungs are even more serious, get the dog to a vet...good luck...