How do you get a female dog to stop humping things?

i have a two and a half year old Chihuahua-Yorkie mix. she has been neutered. lately(since the cold weather has started) she humps her bed constantly, especially while my family and i eat dinner. what should we do? does anyone have any suggestions?

i have a two and a half year old Chihuahua-Yorkie mix. she has been neutered. lately(since the cold weather has started) she humps her bed constantly, especially while my family and i eat dinner. what should we do? does anyone have any suggestions?...
    General Dog Discussions : How do you get a female dog to stop humping things?...

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• How do you get a female dog to stop humping things?

How do you get a female dog to stop humping things? General Dog Discussions
      i have a two and a half year old Chihuahua-Yorkie mix. she has been neutered. lately(since the cold weather has started) she humps her bed constantly, especially while my family and i eat dinner. what should we do? does anyone have any suggestions?

How do you get a female dog to stop humping things? General Dog Discussions
    • Humping in any dog that has been spayed or neutered is a dominance thing. She's trying to show her dominance to whatever she's humping (I know it's inanimate, but hear me out lol). It could be that she is a little insecure when she isn't getting attention from you, while your family is eating. She needs to be trained that that is your time to with family and she has her time to be cuddled/petted. You can also try feeding her at the same time you are eating, this may ease some of the problem.