What do you feed your dog and more importantly WHY do you feed it?

Just a couple of questions for you dog lovers out there!What do you feed your dog?Why do you feed that? WHAT makes it such a good diet? What's IN it?After researching dog food, reading all of the AAFCO definitions, and having one very sick pup - I…

Just a couple of questions for you dog lovers out there!What do you feed your dog?Why do you feed that? WHAT makes it such a good diet? What's IN it?After researching dog food, reading all of the AAFCO definitions, and having one very sick pup - I…...
    General Dog Discussions : What do you feed your dog and more importantly WHY do you feed it?...

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• What do you feed your dog and more importantly WHY do you feed it?

What do you feed your dog and more importantly WHY do you feed it? General Dog Discussions
      Just a couple of questions for you dog lovers out there!What do you feed your dog?Why do you feed that? WHAT makes it such a good diet? What's IN it?After researching dog food, reading all of the AAFCO definitions, and having one very sick pup - I finally settled on feeding a raw diet. My sick dog has gotten MUCH better and my other dogs have never looked better! Their food consists mainly of raw chicken and beef.

What do you feed your dog and more importantly WHY do you feed it? General Dog Discussions
    • I feed my dogs the prescription diet food Z/D made by the brand Hills. It is very high quality and hypoallergenic. One of my dogs has very strong undetermined food allergies. This is the only thing that doesn't caught her to throw up.I gave some to my other dog too and she liked it much better than her other dog food so it must taste good too. Both my dogs eat Z/D

• Science Diet. Mostly cause our 2 year old viszla has been eating it since she was a puppy. Also, it is developed and approved by most vetnarians. It has many essential nutrients to support healthy growth and bone structure; and gives them a healthy diet. Our dog loves it!

• well all you do is get a bowl and poor some dog food in it then they eat and you have to feed ur dogs food thats how they live just like usss and i dont know what i feed them becuzz my mom buys it any way u should just go to a place called noahs ark thats where i get my dogs food

• Innova EVO and California Natural.EVO- high protein, good for high energy/sports dogs, grain free, no by productsCalifornia Natural- short ingredient list, good for dogs with allergies, no by products, grain free

• My dad fed our dog Eukanuba ( I don't know how to spell it) He said it was the best balanced for him. We never gave him table scrapes or anything like that. He is a mutt (lapso opso?, shitzu, york terrier) he is now 19 years old, has all his teeth, sight, and is still acts like a puppy.

• Wellness-Just for puppyBecause it's a very, very high quality food.http://www.dogfoodanalysis.com/dog_food_reviews/showproduct.php?product=327&cat=all^^that isn't exactly what I'm feeding her now, but I will be switching to it once she is a year old.I Avoid: Pedigree, Beneful, Nutro, Alpo, Ol Roy, Kibbles N Bits, Bil-Jac, Mighty Dog, Purina (including ProPlan),Ceser, Iams, Eukanuba, Science Diet, Royal Canin, Eagle Pack (not to be confused with Eagle Pack Holistic) and of course all grocery store brands of dog food!ADD:People who feed Science Diet:Your vet recomeends it because they get PAID for doing so.

• I feed him Iams large breed Pro active health. He is a 2 year old German Shepherd who would not eat anything as a pup. The only food he enjoyed was the Iams brand...I asked my vet if this was normal and she said yes, that dogs like humans have their preferences and that forcing him to eat something else could cause stress and create an unbalanced dog. .....The Iams i use is the Fish and Chicken blend with all the vitamins and proteins he needs, but its also easy on the stomach....German Shepherds have really sensitive digestive systems

• I'm feeding Canidae kibbles and Wellness canned. They don't contain animal *by-products* (leftover meat and bones on the floor mushed together), animal "digest", corn, other grains, and artificial preservatives. Consult below articles for reference. I also make grinded broccoli and carrot mixture to supplement his meal. Dogs can't digest vegetable fibers too well, and they bloat, and that's dangerous. So I cut the problem by making mushed veggie paste, and he loves it. There are also a bunch of no-no foods for dogs, like grapes, onion, avocadoes, etc., that I don't feed.

• My dogs suffer from allergies my Chihuahua is the one with the most problems. My dogs are all on Natures Variety dry along with there raw diet. what makes it a good diet? I'll tell you what's not in it well first of all there dry food has no wheat corn soy by-products animal fat animal digest fillers wheat gluten. What's good about the raw diet is the fact that it's raw.

• I feed my 9month old Ridgeback Innova large breed puppy because it has everything she needs to grow slowly and keep her healthy. She is the most beautiful dog, her eyes sparkle.Her food contains chicken, turkey, carrots, potatoes and all the vitamins, omega oils and minerals she needs.

• I Feed him in order that he may live.![ sorry.]Both my dogs are fed on Complete Sainsbury'sown brand.Because they like it.It has all the essential ingredients a dog needs.Beef, Duck,Vegetables,Moist meaty chunks,with minerals.Yeast and antioxidants.They both have Silver bowls.I Change there water at least 7 times a Day.My eldest dog is 10, My youngest 2.Is there anything else you wish to know.? LOL.

• Avoderm. I just put her on it because of her allergies. It has lamb and brown rice in it and is supposed to be great for allergies. She will stay on this unless she gets worse (right now we are trying to get a handle on her issues, which have gotten very bad lately). She cannot have corn or wheat. Chicken, beef and turkey are problems, too. If this does not work, the vet is putting her on a prescription diet (Royal Canin).