My dog is acting a little funny and he ate chocolate yesterday?

Hey. My mom left half a chocolate bar (5th Avenue) on the table yesterday. My pup (Bishun Fritsche, poodle), possibly ate it! This morning, he is acting a little weird, making sneezing noises a little bit, and seems to be wining a bit more.. I was…

Hey. My mom left half a chocolate bar (5th Avenue) on the table yesterday. My pup (Bishun Fritsche, poodle), possibly ate it! This morning, he is acting a little weird, making sneezing noises a little bit, and seems to be wining a bit more.. I was…...
    General Dog Discussions : My dog is acting a little funny and he ate chocolate yesterday?...

• My dog is acting a little funny and he ate chocolate yesterday?

My dog is acting a little funny and he ate chocolate yesterday? General Dog Discussions
      Hey. My mom left half a chocolate bar (5th Avenue) on the table yesterday. My pup (Bishun Fritsche, poodle), possibly ate it! This morning, he is acting a little weird, making sneezing noises a little bit, and seems to be wining a bit more.. I was wondering what I should do? Also, how long would it be before he died from the chocolate if it is going to kill him?

My dog is acting a little funny and he ate chocolate yesterday? General Dog Discussions
    • I do not know your second question. However, Any chocolate is bad for a dog. Although milk chocolate is better than dark in this situation. Dark chocolate if eating too much will do harm. This is just to tell you that if its milk chocolate you can put your mind at ease a little bit. Regardless of what kind of chocolae it was, you still need to contact your vet and schedule an appointment A.S.A.P. Make sure you bring the chocolate bar, or just the label with you so your vet can see what kind of chocolate it was.

• Eating chocolate will not cause sneezing. If the dog was going to have a serious reaction to the amount of cholocate he ate, it would have been happening prior to now. They have to eat a fairly substantial amount to get sick. If anything, your dog has a stomach ache and could be whining because he needs to have a bowel movement that is not going to be his normal type of bowel movement.Most of the time, they will vomit or get diarreah. I think your pup is in the clear.If you are acting concerned and following him around and feeling nervous about the candy, he doesn't know that. All he knows is that you are acting concerned, following him around and feeling nervous, therefore he will feel nervous.Dogs are champions of reading human body language. Just make sure he is drinking plenty of water to flush those toxins out of his system. Keep the chocolate away from him, and if your concerns for his behavior grow more serious...take him to the vet!I doubt there is enough theobromine in half a candy bar to cause the reaction that many dogs have when they have eaten too much of it.

• I would defiantly call the vet. The call is free and you will be able to get a better handle on the situation. Being such a small dog, a half a candy bar is a lot of chocolate. Im not sure any one on here would be able to give you an answer on how long he has. Leave lots of water out for him and call the vey ASAP. It might be nothing but its worth calling about.