How do I train my dog not to snap at the strangers?

I have a four-year-old part blue heeler/german shephard mix dog. Yesterday, I took her to the vet for yearly rabies shot and have her claws clipped. She must wear mask so she wouldn't bite when the shot was given. Well, anyway, when the veterinarian…

I have a four-year-old part blue heeler/german shephard mix dog. Yesterday, I took her to the vet for yearly rabies shot and have her claws clipped. She must wear mask so she wouldn't bite when the shot was given. Well, anyway, when the veterinarian…...
    General Dog Discussions : How do I train my dog not to snap at the strangers?...

• How do I train my dog not to snap at the strangers?

How do I train my dog not to snap at the strangers? General Dog Discussions
      I have a four-year-old part blue heeler/german shephard mix dog. Yesterday, I took her to the vet for yearly rabies shot and have her claws clipped. She must wear mask so she wouldn't bite when the shot was given. Well, anyway, when the veterinarian clipped one of her claws, it bled heavily. She was in pain and scared. She hurt one of the vet's assistants. Then her personality changed. She seems losing her trusts to the strangers. When the strangers would try to pet my dog, she snaps at them. I have never seen her doing that before since the vet visit. She never snaps at me. She is little shy and gets scared sometimes. She is an outside dog; however, she is a great watchdog. She does not like thunderstorms and noisy of the crickets. She has to come inside when the thunderstorm approaches. I still need to calm her down but how? Help please.

How do I train my dog not to snap at the strangers? General Dog Discussions
    • im sorry to tell you this but once a dog is tramatized by anyone they will stay scared and nervous. there is no cure. sorry i would give it away somehow....but if that dog bites someone you can get sewed so be careful and good luck and best wishes...

• buy her a basket muzzle http://www.morrco.com/dog-muzzle.html so when you take her out for a walk, she can't bite anyone. She can pant and even drink water with a basket muzzle. It does not force her mouth shut but she can't get through the bars to bite people