How much does it cost to take a pet to the vet?

We recently just found a lost dog and finally decided the owners aren't coming back, since it has been a month or so. And ever since we are trying to get him to a vet because we know nothing of this dog and want to know if he got his shots or if he is…

We recently just found a lost dog and finally decided the owners aren't coming back, since it has been a month or so. And ever since we are trying to get him to a vet because we know nothing of this dog and want to know if he got his shots or if he is…...
    General Dog Discussions : How much does it cost to take a pet to the vet?...

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• How much does it cost to take a pet to the vet?

How much does it cost to take a pet to the vet? General Dog Discussions
      We recently just found a lost dog and finally decided the owners aren't coming back, since it has been a month or so. And ever since we are trying to get him to a vet because we know nothing of this dog and want to know if he got his shots or if he is fighting infections etc. and want to get medication for whatever he has. So how much does it cost to take a dog to the vet also including the price of medication if he needs some.Extra Question:How often do you have to take a dog to the vet?Thnxs:)

How much does it cost to take a pet to the vet? General Dog Discussions
    • Our dog goes once a year and she was just there. We live in Northeast PA and at our vet it was:$39 - for the Vet visit$23 for the rabies shot$ 19 for the distemper shot$ 27 for her lyme and tick disease shotevery vet is going to be different though.

• That depends ENTIRELY on the area you live in and the Vet you take the dog too. It is not possible to determine the shots it has been given so they likely will revaccinate the dog and give it a blood test for heart worms. The cost in my area for all this would be around 200-400 dollars.

• The cost of a vet depends a lot on where you live. You need to call around and find out what the basic fees are for vets in your area. Since you don't know the dog's history the vet will probably recommend starting the normal series of vaccinations. You'll need to take it in at least once a year for booster shots and a check-up. And if it hasn't been neutered, you should get that done as well. If you don't think you can afford the vet fees then you may need to surrender it to Animal Control or the Humane Society.

• It can be expensive. But, I save a bundle by going to a farm vet. Just pick an area far out, a little town, and look up the vet for that area. You can just walk in like any other vet. Just because you live far away, doesn't mean you can't go there.The price can be as much as HALF what a city vet would charge. And, they are just as smart and just as trained. I've done this all my life. Never had any problems.Had my dog spayed for $150 (100 lb dog) and cat neutered for $70. Most will tell you that's cheap.Expect to see farm animals there and it smell like cow manure. Nothing wrong with that!