I need a low cost vet in the napa solano area. Does anyone know where I should go?

My dog has some kind of boil or cyst that just appeared on her leg. I'm very concerned and want her to see a vet. I don't have a lot of money right now though and I know vet bills can be very expensive. Anybody have some suggestions/advice?

I need a low cost vet in the napa solano area. Does anyone know where I should go?

My dog has some kind of boil or cyst that just appeared on her leg. I'm very concerned and want her to see a vet. I don't have a lot of money right now though and I know vet bills can be very expensive. Anybody have some suggestions/advice?...
    General Dog Discussions : I need a low cost vet in the napa solano area. Does anyone know where I should go?...

• I need a low cost vet in the napa solano area. Does anyone know where I should go?

I need a low cost vet in the napa solano area. Does anyone know where I should go? General Dog Discussions
      My dog has some kind of boil or cyst that just appeared on her leg. I'm very concerned and want her to see a vet. I don't have a lot of money right now though and I know vet bills can be very expensive. Anybody have some suggestions/advice?

I need a low cost vet in the napa solano area. Does anyone know where I should go? General Dog Discussions
    • Check with the Humane Society, Animal Control, etc... They'll often have low-cost programs for vet treatment (usually at cost... the vets and techs volunteer their time). Both Vacaville and Fairfield would probably have such a program. If they don't, If you can get over to Marin or Sonoma county, I KNOW they both have such programs and ae probably the best in the area. San Francisco has one, too... but they have a long waitlist and are kinda money-whores and... I'll be nice. Anyway, Marin and Sonoma are better.Also, UC Davis, has the largest veterinary school in California, and one of the biggest in the country. They ALWAYS do low-cost vet care of all sorts as part of the training program for their students. All operations/treatments are done under the close supervision and direction of a certified veterinarian/professor. There's a man I know whose dog needed a heart transplant (ie: VERY expensive), so he took his dog to Davis and got it done for less than $3,000 (which sounds like a lot, but is a small *fraction* of the cost of getting it anywhere else). They do treatments often for less than cost, because the students' tuition covers most everything. So... definitely look into UC Davis for any and all vet treatment.