How much would it cost to feed an adult labrador retreiver?

I've decided to get a lab, or lab mix. Something rather large, and I need to know an idea price on what it'd cost to feed one. I called a local breeder and he said with vet bills, and the cost of food it'd cost up to around 1000 dollars a year. So, how…

I've decided to get a lab, or lab mix. Something rather large, and I need to know an idea price on what it'd cost to feed one. I called a local breeder and he said with vet bills, and the cost of food it'd cost up to around 1000 dollars a year. So, how…...
    General Dog Discussions : How much would it cost to feed an adult labrador retreiver?...

• How much would it cost to feed an adult labrador retreiver?

How much would it cost to feed an adult labrador retreiver? General Dog Discussions
      I've decided to get a lab, or lab mix. Something rather large, and I need to know an idea price on what it'd cost to feed one. I called a local breeder and he said with vet bills, and the cost of food it'd cost up to around 1000 dollars a year. So, how much would it cost to feed a dog a week? And also, what would be a good brand of food to feed a lab?I'm not really on budget, I just need to know.

How much would it cost to feed an adult labrador retreiver? General Dog Discussions
    • i feed my dogs (both lab crosses) pedige and sometimes 'ol roy. They seem to like the pedige dog food a lot better. They usually go through a 50 lb bag every 2 to 3 weeks.

• This would all depend on how you want to feed him, the size of the dog, and what he is mixed with.Kibble vs raw. Quality. Both important roles in price.A client of mine has a pure bred Lab. She is 100 pounds, costs about $60-$75 a month to feed her alone and they feed Science Diet, but SD isn't the best, it's over priced, and they over feed her I suspect.

• Dogs food isnt the only thing you have to worry about. Talk to your vet about all the supplies your dog will need and the cost of these supplies...which include flea medication and heart worm preventative, plus annual rabies shots. I have a 90lb mutt and he cost me about $40 ever three or four weeks for just food. He eat Canidea All Life Stages Lamb Formula an excellent dog food and its a 45lb bag. Its a lot! Oh and my 90lb puppy only eat about 4 cups a day...most other dog food is around 5 or more.