why are my dogs eye whites kind of brown?

i was looking at my dog today and i noticed that in both his left and right eyes there was a sort of brown film or something covering the left and right corners of both his eye whites. i held his snout and made him look up down left and right to see…

i was looking at my dog today and i noticed that in both his left and right eyes there was a sort of brown film or something covering the left and right corners of both his eye whites. i held his snout and made him look up down left and right to see…...
    General Dog Discussions : why are my dogs eye whites kind of brown?...

• why are my dogs eye whites kind of brown?

why are my dogs eye whites kind of brown? General Dog Discussions
      i was looking at my dog today and i noticed that in both his left and right eyes there was a sort of brown film or something covering the left and right corners of both his eye whites. i held his snout and made him look up down left and right to see where else this brown stuff could be and it does not appear to be on the bottom or top. (he's the type of dog where you can't easily see the eye whites.) he's been acting pretty normal but i'm still worried and the vet clinic won't be open till monday. would anyone know what this could be?

why are my dogs eye whites kind of brown? General Dog Discussions
    • Although I can't see your dog, I have seen a great many dogs with a bit of dark pigment in the white areas of their eyes. Pigment doesn't cause any problems. It's just like a dog having spots on its paw pads; completely normal.I know you will feel better if a veterinarian tells you this so please go have the dog checked, just in case.