Will dogs also have muscle sore after vaccination?

This morning I took my puppy for a vacination at the vet. She was OK and running around before her nap around 12:00PM. But she wont let me touch her after she woke up. When I touch her, she whine like she is hurt.It is booster of her dental vaccine she…

This morning I took my puppy for a vacination at the vet. She was OK and running around before her nap around 12:00PM. But she wont let me touch her after she woke up. When I touch her, she whine like she is hurt.It is booster of her dental vaccine she…...
    General Dog Discussions : Will dogs also have muscle sore after vaccination?...

• Will dogs also have muscle sore after vaccination?

Will dogs also have muscle sore after vaccination? General Dog Discussions
      This morning I took my puppy for a vacination at the vet. She was OK and running around before her nap around 12:00PM. But she wont let me touch her after she woke up. When I touch her, she whine like she is hurt.It is booster of her dental vaccine she had weeks ago.

Will dogs also have muscle sore after vaccination? General Dog Discussions
    • Just like when you get like.. a tetanus shot, it'll knot a little bit and be sore.It's fine.If it's still painful in the morning, call the vet and see if there might have been a reaction.

• What kind of vaccination was it? Rabies is given in the muscle, so it may be sore. However, most other vaccinations are given under the skin, so if it is sore, the person either administered the vaccination improperly or she is having an allergic reaction. Watch for swelling to confirm this.

• It is not unusual for some puppies to exhibit signs that could indicate soreness--sometimes they will also be lethargic after a vaccination. The pup will recover and forget--as long as you don't "accidentally" reward the behavior by being to sympathetic by over indulging the pup.In rare cases there can be some complications after a shot. If you don't see the puppy returning to normal behavior or if the pup remains lethargic and cries for more than a day--call the vet and run it by him or her.

• yes this is very typical. if vomitting occurs and shaking (fever) then you need to bring her back to the vet. they will give her a post-vaccines reaction vaccine. but yes, muscle sorness is pretty much typical. espically with smaller dogs. God Bless *5mg per pound of bufferd asprin will be okay to give her. Just give one dose today, and no more for the rest of the day. this should help calm her down. and this is safe to give. i know some people says its not, but it is if you give it within reason. i work at a vet clinic, i know it's okay.