What are some possible reasons a dog would loose weight maybe over 2 mo?

My male Shi Tsu always felt thick and firm, strong with beautiful white hair, not overweight. I also had his brother but at age 3 had to be put down due to Kidney/bladder stones. He was always somewhat sick. Now This Shi Tsu looks very thin and I can…

My male Shi Tsu always felt thick and firm, strong with beautiful white hair, not overweight. I also had his brother but at age 3 had to be put down due to Kidney/bladder stones. He was always somewhat sick. Now This Shi Tsu looks very thin and I can…...
    General Dog Discussions : What are some possible reasons a dog would loose weight maybe over 2 mo?...

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• What are some possible reasons a dog would loose weight maybe over 2 mo?

What are some possible reasons a dog would loose weight maybe over 2 mo? General Dog Discussions
      My male Shi Tsu always felt thick and firm, strong with beautiful white hair, not overweight. I also had his brother but at age 3 had to be put down due to Kidney/bladder stones. He was always somewhat sick. Now This Shi Tsu looks very thin and I can feel his backbone. Could he have a type of worm?

What are some possible reasons a dog would loose weight maybe over 2 mo? General Dog Discussions
    • Since his brother was obviously poorly bred/poorly cared for as well, I'd assume that this is something serious. Why you've let this go for 2 months is a mystery to me. My first guess would be cancer. After this dog passes, please, get no more animals until you learn how to properly care for them. Killing a dog due to stones and allowing a sick dog to sit there and linger for 2 months without vet care are unacceptable.