How Long does it take a really skinny dog to gain weight?

My dog was extremely sick for a long time, months. Yes, we did take her to the vet and did lots of tests. But we tried the raw diet and she is completely healthy now! How long do you think it would take her to gain weight? She has been really skinny, she…

My dog was extremely sick for a long time, months. Yes, we did take her to the vet and did lots of tests. But we tried the raw diet and she is completely healthy now! How long do you think it would take her to gain weight? She has been really skinny, she…...
    General Dog Discussions : How Long does it take a really skinny dog to gain weight?...

• How Long does it take a really skinny dog to gain weight?

How Long does it take a really skinny dog to gain weight? General Dog Discussions
      My dog was extremely sick for a long time, months. Yes, we did take her to the vet and did lots of tests. But we tried the raw diet and she is completely healthy now! How long do you think it would take her to gain weight? She has been really skinny, she is gaining weight now. But like for her to fill out, how long would it take?

How Long does it take a really skinny dog to gain weight? General Dog Discussions
    • Gaining weight in a healthy manner takes time. Make sure you are feeding her properly on raw and you will see the weight come back as it should in time.You don't want to rush this but over the next few months you will see her back on her normal weight.Are you feeding for her current weight or what she SHOULD weigh?

• If your dog is doing well on the raw diet (and it's a proper raw diet) then it should only take 3 or 4 months to gain up to 20 lbs. Some dogs that were severely sick/skinny took up to 6 months. It depends on how you feed it, how much you feed it and the quality of the food.

• it really depends on how much, how often, and what you are feeding. i would look at it as you would with humans, give fatty foods before bed, don't stop giving her exercise though, you will not want to create a habit of laziness

• It depends on how bad she was. Don't push it or give her too much. I would say 6 months or longer. She also needs lots of exercise to rebuild her musclesYou can use some Nutra-Cal to add extra calories.