What is the best way for a emaciated dog to gain weight?

We adopted a 10 year old pug from a shelter and she is very skinny we feed her 4 to 5 times a day. She can only eat canned dog food.

We adopted a 10 year old pug from a shelter and she is very skinny we feed her 4 to 5 times a day. She can only eat canned dog food....
    General Dog Discussions : What is the best way for a emaciated dog to gain weight?...

• What is the best way for a emaciated dog to gain weight?

What is the best way for a emaciated dog to gain weight? General Dog Discussions
      We adopted a 10 year old pug from a shelter and she is very skinny we feed her 4 to 5 times a day. She can only eat canned dog food.

What is the best way for a emaciated dog to gain weight? General Dog Discussions
    • here is a link, it puts weight on fast! and its like canned food, its soft, I put all the stuff in my kitchen aid and stir it, if you wanted it mushy you could do the same, or hand stir it.http://www.njboxers.com/satin-balls-recipe.htm they are called satinballs, i don't know why, i think who ever came up with it, their dogs name was satin, goodluck.

• well we had a little dog from the pound that was skinny he was going to die so we took him to the vet and the gave us this kinda gravy in tube and we gave it to him every day and he got fat pretty quickly. soory can't help more I'm only 15 and I'm kind a flaky.

• ok this is what we do at work when we get a dog like this (work at dog boarding place) We get kibble, canned food and cooked rice add some hot/warm water and mush it up really good. This will work (warm water softens food.)

• Feed puppy food-it's usually higher in fat and calories. Compare labels to find a higher calorie one. I like Merrick canned foods, if you must feed canned (Grammy's Pot Pie and Thanksgiving Day Dinner are both higher in calories, but there are several to choose from). Unless there is a medical reason for feeding canned (which I assume from your question), I would try dry food, since canned has such a high water content (filling up the dog's tummy before she can fill up on calories).