My dog was hit on the skull by a car. How do I know if he has concussion?

My dog was hit on the skull by a car yesterday night. I got him immediately to a vet and his diagnosis was that he has not any fractures. However I am worring if he has a concussion. Another mystirious thing is that has also a small blood hole under each…

My dog was hit on the skull by a car yesterday night. I got him immediately to a vet and his diagnosis was that he has not any fractures. However I am worring if he has a concussion. Another mystirious thing is that has also a small blood hole under each…...
    General Dog Discussions : My dog was hit on the skull by a car. How do I know if he has concussion?...

• My dog was hit on the skull by a car. How do I know if he has concussion?

My dog was hit on the skull by a car. How do I know if he has concussion? General Dog Discussions
      My dog was hit on the skull by a car yesterday night. I got him immediately to a vet and his diagnosis was that he has not any fractures. However I am worring if he has a concussion. Another mystirious thing is that has also a small blood hole under each eye. Please advise.

My dog was hit on the skull by a car. How do I know if he has concussion? General Dog Discussions
    • Dog's brains are very well insulated. He most likely doesn't have a concussion if he is walking normally. If he had one, he would be vomiting, hard to wake up and not able to walk a straight line. The blood holes? I am not understanding this statement.

• I had a labrador years ago who was hit by a Van and he had concussion for 2 days. He was completely disoriented and walked backwards and sideways during this time. He found it very difficult to settle. He did get through it and was fine after about a week of tlc.I would take him back to the Vet and get him to check the blood holes under his eyes .I hope he makes a good recovery.