Are there any other expenses after leg amputation in dogs?

Are there any other complications that there might be after your dog has the amputation? I know they take time to recover, but after they recover and get back into the normal groove of things, will they ever have any more problems without their leg? Or…

Are there any other complications that there might be after your dog has the amputation? I know they take time to recover, but after they recover and get back into the normal groove of things, will they ever have any more problems without their leg? Or…...
    General Dog Discussions : Are there any other expenses after leg amputation in dogs?...

• Are there any other expenses after leg amputation in dogs?

Are there any other expenses after leg amputation in dogs? General Dog Discussions
      Are there any other complications that there might be after your dog has the amputation? I know they take time to recover, but after they recover and get back into the normal groove of things, will they ever have any more problems without their leg? Or anything else we might have to send him to the vet for his leg? He is a 1 1/2 year old Golden Retriever.

Are there any other expenses after leg amputation in dogs? General Dog Discussions
    • Dogs are pretty resilient and don't dwell on things like humans can. They only thing that will probably occur sooner is arthritis in the other rear leg because of the constant extra pressure on those joints. You could ask your vet to recommend a good joint aid to keep them healthy like glucosomine (sp?). I have groomed a few dogs that have had a leg amputated and they all handle mobility quite well. Good luck with your poor guy, hope recovery goes quickly for him