Does anyone else have a dog with Scoliosis?

I have fallen in love with a beautiful dog who has scoliosis. Before I get her, I want to be sure that I will be able to afford the help she may need. Because once I adopt her, it's for life. I don't give up/away my pets. They are family. She's had…

I have fallen in love with a beautiful dog who has scoliosis. Before I get her, I want to be sure that I will be able to afford the help she may need. Because once I adopt her, it's for life. I don't give up/away my pets. They are family. She's had…...
    General Dog Discussions : Does anyone else have a dog with Scoliosis?...

• Does anyone else have a dog with Scoliosis?

Does anyone else have a dog with Scoliosis? General Dog Discussions
      I have fallen in love with a beautiful dog who has scoliosis. Before I get her, I want to be sure that I will be able to afford the help she may need. Because once I adopt her, it's for life. I don't give up/away my pets. They are family. She's had Scoliosis her whole life and she doesn't let it slow her down. Does anyone have advise for me or experience with a dog with scoliosis?

Does anyone else have a dog with Scoliosis? General Dog Discussions
    • I have only heard of this in humans - so was curious about it and went out and researched - they can do surgery on dogs with this ailment - I would contact a vet in your area before you adopt and discuss it with them over the phone - for that matter I would call several and get more information - as well as cost. The UK has done extensive research in this area and there is information regarding the malady on the internet.I have had several dogs that have had special needs - one I had for 13 years - she was blind, diabetic and had cushings disease and my 6 year old has Addisons. You manage because they are part of your family.Good luck and I hope the beautiful dog that you have fallen in love with will soon be a member of your family.